Tuesday, February 20, 2007

Coconut Creme Hazelnut Coffee - Am I Really a Coffee Drinker?

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting


I like to think of myself as a bit of a purist.

However, I think most died-in-the-wool coffee lovers would cringe if they saw me drinking my morning cup of java.

For years (The Miami days) I was partial to cuban coffees and straight up expressos. Though cafe con leche was my coffee drink of choice.

So, it's with mixed emotions I introduce what is one of my favorite products lately. Coffee-Mate Coconut Creme creamer - yummm. Then to add insult to injury, I add this to my Hazelnut flavored coffee.

So the question is - am I really a coffee drinker, or am I just jonesing for a caffeine buzz and candy coating in exotic tropical flavors just to get it down?

I came late in life to coffee, not really drinking it until my late 30s, though my parents were heavy coffee drinkers. I can still picture my mom at the dining room table with her lipstick stained cigarettes and coffee mugs. My caffeine fix of choice was always (and still is) diet Coke.

There's just something about the ceremony, the procedure of getting the water, filter, measuring out the coffee, the machine dripping away, the aromas - nothing seems to say "okay I'm awake" more than that second cup.

So apparently this is a "limited edition" creamer (gee, don't I feel special just having it in my fridge). So try it while you can.

No comments: